Finally Microsoft added Exchange ActiveSync to Hotmail which means you can now receive Hotmail emails, contacts and calendars and it should all sync up nicely with the web.
This is how you do it.
– On your iDevice go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/Add Account/Microsoft Exchange
– Enter your FULL Hotmail address in both the Email and Username fields
– Add “Hotmail” to the Description field, leave everything else blank.
– Click Next (top right!)
– On the next screen enter m.hotmail.com as the Server
– Click Next
– Click Save
You are done.
* If I were you I would use any other email service such as Mobile Me, Gmail, or smoke signals before you use the Hotmail service, but still!